- Extremely fast – shells produced in less than four hours
- Easily copes with large patterns High quality shells produce excellent castings
- Mold is 50% stronger minimizing the risk of cracked shell and reducing the number of layers
- Dewaxing can be performed in standard ovens without postcuring
- The system works well for all processing all metals
The new extremely fast technology for the production of investment casting shells.
The complete Cyclone system is a complete high speed shell building system for rapid prototyping, ideal for the fabrication of prototypes and for batch production. With a maximum tree size of 500 x 500 mm it is especially suited for prototyping and investment casting service companies.
During the metal casting process, the ceramic shell is built around a wax pattern by several layers of so-called slurry and fire proof sand.
Under the conventional process, every layer needs to dry for approximately 24 hours before the next layer can be applied. Therefore, a shell build requiring seven layers can take up to one week to construct.
MK Technology developed a high-speed drying process for Rapid Prototyping, thus reducing the production time of a shell to a few hours.
The Cyclone is the first machine for producing a complete shell at the push of a button in less than 4 hours.
The new technology for building investment casting shells.